WCS Viet Nam provides law enforcement agencies at all levels with reliable and actionable intelligence for prompt support and effective actions on wildlife-related violations. We analyze and assess the collected information on wildlife-related violations including those on online platforms; especially wildlife trafficking networks. In addition, with nearly 50 country offices worldwide, we have deployed a global wildlife trafficking intelligence database to support and catalyze intelligence‐led enforcement operations. Powered by i2-IBM software, the database provides a secure, accessible repository for wildlife trafficking data that is fully searchable and integrated across WCS country offices and regional programs in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
Key achievements :
- Researched on wildlife consumption at restaurants in some provinces and cities such as Hanoi, Lam Dong, Dak Nong, Binh Duong, Dong Nai, and Ho Chi Minh city (2010);
- Researched at other facilities such as private zoos, souvenir shops, jewelry shops, feng shui shops, traditional medicine pharmacies, and pet stores;
- Released a report on transboundary wildlife trafficking between Viet Nam - China border in Mong Cai City, Quang Ninh Province from 2010 to 201
- Published report on wildlife violations in Vietnam (2013-2017)
- Collected and analyzed illegal trade in wildlife and wildlife products on social networking sites (2018-2020)
- Collaborated with the Supreme People's Procuracy to conduct statistics on wildlife-related crimes, period 2018 - 2019, in order to develop a report "Assessment of crime situation and effectiveness of application provisions of the Penal Code 2015 (amended and supplemented 2017) on wildlife protection”