Reports to: Head of Communications and Outreach
Posting Location: Bengaluru, India
Position objective: The Animator will be part of the Communications and Outreach team working closely with the Counter Wildlife Trafficking programme at WCS-India to create instructional videos for an online course on criminology.
- Provide animation support to create instructional videos for modules on law, criminology
- Work with module designers to break complex topics into easy to understand animations for adults:
- Conceptualizing ideas for characters, scenes, backgrounds and other animation elements based on provided content.
- Creating character sketches for new animations based on design briefs.
- Developing storyboards for animation projects.
- Designing backgrounds, sets and other elements of the animated environment.
- Developing timing and pacing of motion, based on audio requirements.
- Working with the story editors to merge the various layers of animation.
- Recording dialogue for the animation, where necessary.
- Collaborating with other creatives including designers and other animators as well as subject experts to finalize projects.
Required Qualification, Skills & Abilities:
- (At least) A bachelor's degree in Animation, Graphic Design, Illustration or related fields.
- Should be comfortable working with computer graphics tools, and using them to create storyboards for animation projects.
- Proven record of delivering artistic work to client specifications and within the required timelines.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- The capacity to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work efficiently without compromising quality or accuracy
Offered as per qualifications and experience.
Please send them together in one file:
- A 1-page/300-word cover letter indicating your interest in joining us.
- Your latest resume, along with 2 references (name, designation, email and phone number).
- A portfolio with 4-7 relevant samples of work.
Submit your application using the position title, ‘Animator’, in the subject line. Send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 May 2022.
Candidates must share three professional references mandatorily.
All applications will be reviewed; however, only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further process.