No. of position: 1
Location: Hyderabad, India
Reports to: Head-Finance and Programme Head –Eastern Ghats
Duration: Three years fixed term
About us: The Wildlife Conservation Society-India works to conserve wildlife, backed by science. We work in partnership with governmental and non-governmental organizations to deal with conservation challenges such as human-wildlife interaction, combating wildlife trafficking, conservation of marine ecosystems and species, conservation of endangered species, livelihood development of local communities, and so on. Committed to wildlife conservation and the ecological worldview that recognizes the inextricable link between human welfare and the protection of wildlife and wild spaces, WCS-India endeavours to inspire positive attitudes in people towards wildlife.
WCS-India is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
- Provide HR, Admin, Travel and field logistic support to Andhra and Telangana teams under the guidelines of the Programme Head and in coordination with the Admin team
- Helping the Programme Head and other team members by providing required administrative support
- To maintain the records of the Branch office staff
- Managing finance, accounts and petty cash of the office under the guidance of the WCS-India Finance manager.
- Prepare the monthly attendance sheet, weekly accounts reports and local conveyance reimbursement information to be sent to the Bengaluru office every month
- Coordinate with Bangalore accounts, HR & administration team to ensure smooth functioning of the project
- Ensure all field vehicles are maintained properly, logbooks are maintained for usage, maintaining a stock of all necessary documents
- Assist Project head in compiling monthly/weekly activity reports from field sites
- Collect the news items and prepare a daily dossier from regional newspapers
- Review all Settlements, expenses, vouchers, wages & other expenses before submitting for approval
- Verify all vendor payments and coordinate the process for release of payment to vendors.
- Any other task/work assigned by the reporting supervisor.
- Manage and network with volunteers and interns.
Required Qualification, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
1-2 years prior work experience in a similar profile.
Graduate /Post Graduate Degree.
Proficiency in Computer à knowledge of MS. Office & Tally.
Good communications skills - English and preferably one other regional language
Basic accounting skills (preferred).
Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities with attention to detail.
Willingness to travel to field stations.
Compensation: Offered as per the qualification and experience.
It’s time to apply:
To apply, please send together in one file a cover letter and an updated resume. Submit your application using the position title “Administrative Assistant - Hyd” in the subject line and send us at email@example.com latest by April 22, 2022.
Candidates to share three professional references mandatorily.
All applications will be reviewed however only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further process.