Job Title: Project Assistant
Open Positions: 1
Work Experience: 0-2 years
Reports to: Marine Policy Advisor
Duration: 6 months
About the Organization: The Wildlife Conservation Society—India (WCS-India) is a non-profit organization incorporated under Section 25 of the Companies Act 1956 to pursue training and conservation activities for the protection of India’s wildlife and wild habitats. Its core strength is a long track record of on-ground conservation informed by science, training, education and contribution to pro-wildlife policy issues across the globe.
About the Project: Under the 30x30 Target of the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework to be adopted at the 15th Conference of Parties to the Convention on Biodiversity, India is committed to protect and conserve at least 30% of the ocean by 2030. To this end, WCS-India will conduct workshops and events with various stakeholders including government agencies, fishing communities and marine conservationists to understand the opportunities and challenges of the 30x30 Target in the Indian Context. Additionally, WCS-India will also carry out research on various aspects of the 30x30 Target and its applicability to India.
Job Description: The primary responsibilities of the Project Associate are:
● Organize and facilitate workshops that involve multiple stakeholders
● Assist in designing and dissemination of material such as reports, posters and social media content
● Assist in the preparation of reports and white papers
● A Bachelor's or Master's degree in communications, media studies, or the social sciences including law.
● Background in conservation and/or policy with a passion for marine conservation
● Experience in communications, knowledge processes, and advocacy
● Prior working experience is desirable but not essential
● Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
● Proficiency in academic and non-academic writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
● Demonstrated experience in using key communications tools.
If interested, kindly get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Application: Project Assistant - Marine Policy', your CV, a writing sample/communications portfolio and contact details of three references by 20th December, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.